Well, it's that time again! We have started 'back to school' with Classical Conversations again this year.
Week one the kids focused on learning the 10 Commandments.
Since it's a topic the kids already know, that left extra time for some fun activities.
10 Commandment Bowling
1. Thou shall have no other Gods before me - BIBLE
2. Thou shall not make unto me any graven image - MONEY
3. Thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain - TOOTHPASTE
4. Thou shall remember the Sabbath and keep it holy - CALENDAR
5. Thou shall honor thy Father and Mother - PICTURE OF PARENTS
6. Thou shall not kill - TOY GUN
7. Thou shall not commit adultery - BROKEN HEART
8. Thou shall not steal - HAND WITH CANDY
9. Thou shall not bear false witness - PAPER WITH LIE
10. Thou shall not covet - FANCY TOY RING
Each empty water bottle had an item inside. When the kids knocked them over, they had to say the commandment
that corresponded with the number on the bottle.
This book was a spectacular recommendation by and online friend - I strongly suggest that you purchase your own copy.
For science we learned abut the classification of living things.
Skip-counting the 2s!