5.12.2014

First Visit From The Tooth Fairy

{In case you missed it, Kensley lost her first tooth Friday afternoon}


Kensley worked diligently to gather the necessary supplies to create the perfect house for
The Tooth Fairy with hopes of being able to trap her inside and keep her forever.

There was still no interest in what gift the fairy may leave... she just wanted the fairy!




With everything in place, we finally talked Kensley into going to sleep!


The next morning, we knew she was awake by the sound of disappointing sobs coming from her room.
She was absolutely heartbroken she hadn't caught her fairy.


DEAR KENSLEY,

CONGRATULATIONS!  YOU LOST YOUR FIRST TOOTH; HOW EXCITING.  THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR SWEET LITTLE TOOTH WITH ME. YOU OBVIOUSLY TOOK SUCH GREAT CARE OF IT, IT WILL SURLEY BE ONE OF THE BEST IN MY COLLECTION SINCE IT IS SO SPARKLY AND CLEAN.  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

I SAW THE ADORABLE HOUSE THAT YOU SET UP FOR ME!  I WAS NOT ABLE TO STAY BECAUSE I HAD OTHER BOYS AND GIRLS TO VISIT TONIGHT.  HOWEVER,I REALLY ENJOYED ONE OF THE CANDIES YOU SET OUT FOR ME!


I HAVE LEFT YOU $2.00 SINCE THIS IS YOUR FIRST TOOTH, BUT IN THE FUTURE, ONLY EXPECT TO RECEIVE $1.00.  BUY YOURSELF A LITTLE SOMETHING SPECIAL OR SAVE IT FOR WHEN YOU GET YOUR AMERICAN GIRL DOLL THIS SUMMER.


BE SURE TO TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR ADULT TEETH WHEN THEY COME IN.  REMEMBER TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH EVERY DAY AND TRY NOT TO EAT TOO MANY SWEETS.

I AM SURE I WILL BE BACK TO VISIT YOU SOON.  IN THE MEANTIME PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE GAP WHERE YOUR OLD TOOTH USED TO BE.  SEEING YOU SMILE ALWAYS MAKES OTHERS VERY HAPPY!



 I am SO thankful that The Tooth Fairy was very reasonable with her gift of $2.00.
Kensley has chosen to save her money for the American Girl Doll store this summer!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

did you buy a cage just for this? Also I know someone who left $50 for them!

CaSandra said...

NO WAY!!! We did *not* buy the cage for this! Rob and I were actually outside attempting to organize the upstairs of the barn when she told us her tooth hurt. I had just found the little cage while cleaning... it's at least 12 years old, if not older!

$50? Now that's just plain crazy! Knowing how many teeth both of the kids have... and will lose... $50 sipmly isn't feasible for our family!

Jennifer said...

the cage looks brand new! I don't think $50 is feasible for anyone! I think it was just the first one, but how far can you go down? Ha ha!

MelanieA said...

Oh my!! Her poor broken heart at the end was so sad! What an adorable little house! Creative minds :)