3.03.2014

I'm Going To Be A Hands Free Mama!

I do not like to read.  Honestly, I don’t read.
A personal accomplishment of mine is surviving 8 years of college without reading a single text book.
{Then again, maybe that’s why it took me so long!} 

The point is, during this season of my life, The Lord keeps leading me to certain books.
And guess what?!? 
Once I broke down, bought them and read them I discovered that they actually aren’t all that bad.

God has placed a particular book on my heart that I just can’t shake.  I think about it constantly…
and I can’t help but to think that I can’t be alone in this journey called motherhood.


Starting March 15th  {hopefully that will give you time enough time to get the book before we begin}


I will be hosting an online study based on Rachel Macy Stafford’s book titled, Hands Free Mama. 
Be sure to click the link to learn more!

When I read the short description of the summary of the book, I actually said, “
Ouch” out loud.
 “A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List,
and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
” 

Yikes!  How dare someone write a book about my life and not tell me about it!?!?

I’m not addicted to social media sites, but do admit to spending too much time on the computer. 
I don’t receive text messages from a lot of friends throughout the day, but I find myself constantly checking my phone.

I wonder when our kids grow up what will they remember about their childhood? 
Will they remember that we were always in a rush? 
Will they remember that I often wasn’t as patient as I should have been?
Will they remember that my to-do list was more important than playing Leogs?

Next month I will turn 32 and I’m claiming this upcoming year to be a “
HANDS FREE” year. 

So who wants to join m
e? 
 
If you are interested, please comment below or email me at WarmWinterWishes@yahoo.com


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are already the BEST MOM ever but I am so proud of you as you strive to be in the NOW moment with your little blessings. This looks like a great book - hope others will join you in this study and goal.