1.28.2014

It's Okay If "Jude" is "Dude" Right?


Four days ago, Kensley asked for an expensive Lego set that she has had her eye on.
I told her, "No" that she needs to do something big to earn something so pricey.
When she questioned what, without thinking, I said she would need to memorize the books of the Bible.

By day two, she knew 13 of them.

Then, today on the way to the dentist, she told me she wanted to go get her Lego set.
I reminded her of our deal.  She told me she understood, but she already knew them all.

Totally thinking she was faking, I had her to sing them to me.

Yep!  She knows each and every single one of them... even if she calls "Jude" "Dude" I'm okay with it!



A $35 Lego set wasn't really in the budget this week, but it's a small price to pay to know that Kensley
is filling up her heart with tools that will make it easier to learn God's word.  That's priceless to Rob and I.

{ For those of you who are new to the blog, at 18 months Kensley was diagnosed as being deaf.
Multiple surgeries and multiple healings later... she now is singing for Jesus! }

Take that devil!


No comments: