12.29.2013

Christmas Eve - At My Grandma and Papaw's

Our family always reads the story of Christ's birth before opening presents.
Despite Kensley reading the Christmas story in years past, she declined and had Grandmother read it.




My Grandparents got Kensley a talking microscope.  It.  Is.  So.  Cool.
If you are looking for an idea for a hard-to-shop-for-kid, I recommend this!



Granddaddy got COAL in his stocking this year... candy coal that is!


Nolan decided Thanksgiving Day that he wanted a pirate ship.
As we all went around and said what we were thankful for, Nolan kept saying he would be thankful
if he got a pirate ship.  Grandmother and Granddaddy pulled through and bought him his ship!


  


 




The mini drum set was a hit!  Talia found it for him but it didn't include any sticks.
Nolan made due with bananas... he has his tongue out... I think he's going to be a natural!



As all of the excitement dwindled down and Rob thought that Christmas Eve 2013 was a WRAP
{Sorry, my 5 year old inspired humor gets the best of me sometimes}
we had one more trick up our sleeves; one last present.


The look on Rob's face says it all.  He was taken by surprise.  Finally, we got one up on him!

Wonder what his first response was?
"So does that mean you have a list of Pinterest projects for me?"
Yep honey, I sure do!

No comments: