11.07.2013

Jeremiah 6:16

As much as I hate to admit it, almost all of our children's time is micromanaged.
We constantly have appointments, errands, commitments and responsilibities.
I run a tight ship around here; probably too stern most days.

A dear friend text me this verse this week and I've really taken some time to study it.

The Lord says, "Stop at the crossroads and look around.
Ask for the old, Godly way, and walk in it.
Travel its path and you will find rest for your souls.
"


I have made it a point to stop... and look around.
I need to stop rushing through life because there is always going to be something that needs to be done.
I want to walk in the Godly way... not the way the world expects me to walk.

Slow and steady wins the race... and I'm ready for VICTORY!

While running errands yesterday, I took the time to stop.
I stopped and enjoyed the last of the fall leaves that are still lingering.
 I stopped and enjoyed our little blessings for who they ARE not for what society WANTS them to be.


I only asked the kids for one good smile.
That's what they each gave me... just one.

I typically know exactly how I want to crop the picture while I'm shooting it.
This time, I just couldn't decide... so... here's the same two photos cropped different ways!






 
My heart is happy... and I will make it a point to STOP more often!







1 comment:

Melinda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! Those pictures are so great, no matter which way they're cropped. The colors are amazing and those grins...oh how perfect! Glad you were able to enjoy this time with your children!