9.12.2013

Nolan's {Actual} Birthday

The night of Nolan's birthday, Rob and I snuck into his room, hung a simple banner and tossed balloons around his room.
I figured he would wake up and LOVE it, or tell stories of how we tortued him as a child for the next 50 years.



He woke up, loved his balloons, and was THRILLED to finally be three!



Kensley had some appointments so Nolan and Rob spent the morning riding bikes.




Nolan spotted the sign to his surprise trip - to Chuck E Cheese!








Wow!  Pictures like this remind me how blessed we are... and how crazy our little clan is!




Nana always sends money so that the kids get to pick out one gift to open on their acutal day.
Rob and I were clueless for what Nolan may want, so we took him to Toys R Us and let him pick out something.




He decided upon this cool fire truck that lights up, makes noises and sprays real water!




Next, we went to Yoguart Moutain.  FYI: If it's your birthday, they give you a 6 oz. yoguart for FREE!





Yes.  I put a burning candle on his ice cream.
Yes.  We were sitting directly under the sprinkler things that act as smoke detectors.
Life is an adventure, right?


If there's one thing I know, Nolan fills the role of the 'big brother' 9 times out of 10.
He is contstantly there for Kensley to guide and direct her when life gets too chaotic.
I love him for his eagerness to protect her, even if he only weights 26 lbs.


 Dream big little buddy, you'll grow into them one day!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Happy Belated birthday to Little Man Nolan!! Love the picture with the yellow brick wall behind him. Awesome!! And I have to say, I LOVE your outfit! You should come style me :-)

Christy K. said...

What a cutie! Love him!