6.14.2013

Once A Year Is Enough For Me

Our kids truly are good sleepers.
We have a routine and a schedule and it works like clockwork.

That is... in the winter... when it gets dark outside early and the sun comes up late.
 Now that we are entering into summer, the kids stay up later and get up earlier.


By 7:30 am Kensley and Nolan had me talked into letting them make Oobleck.

If you are new to Oobleck, it's a fun sensory material that is both a solid and a liquid.
It's super easy {and cheap} to make.

1/2 c. corn starch
1 c. water
food coloring is optional





It didn't take long for Nolan to want a baby wipe for his hands.


... more hand washing...

 

... more hand washing...




Check out Kensley's "cutie mark" made out of Oobleck; this kids creativity is insane!

 


While Nolan let the worry of getting dirty hinder his play, clearly Kensley didn't.

She takes full advantage of getting messy any chance she can get!




Although Oobleck can be really fun, I typically only let the kids do it once a year.
It's a lot of work.  The clean up process takes forever.

After I got the kids a much-needed bath
{where they had to soak for over 1/2 hour to try and remove the blue dye}
I still had the kitchen, play table, toys and yard to clean up!

In the end, the old Chinese Proverb is true:

Tell me and I'll forget;
Show me and I may remember;
Involve me and I'll understand.

No comments: