6.23.2013

Myrtle Beach 2013 {Part 5: Shopping}

 
For my birthday, my Aunt Teresa got me a Bijuju gift card.
Although appreciative, I had no idea what it was.
After a quick search online I began to find all kinds of accessories I liked.
Then, I got a text message saying that there are FOUR Bijuju shops at Myrtle Beach.
I saved my gift card and all of us girls went shopping one afternoon while the guys watched the kids.

{ Be on the lookout for my *new* orange and coral statement necklace }


Since we knew that Nolan isn't into plush toys, we gave him the option of building a dino
at Build-A-Bear or going to Walmart and picking a toy... he chose to wait patiently and we took him to Walmart.
 

He picked out a new tow truck; perfect toy for him and Granddaddy to play with!
 
 
 
Rob, who clearly never shops, actually did purchase a few things.

1) His FIRST Starbucks coffee (not from a Kcup)
2) A tacky shirt for his best friend.  Yes, Mark has already wore the shirt :)

My souvenir item was something that no one else at Myrtle Beach probably bought.
I have been on a search for a particular item.  God was very specific when He laid it on my heart.
We have searched for months; from Chicago to South Carolina... but we finally found it.
 

**  A black piccolo  **

The asking price was $700.  After praying about it, we returned a few days later.

They accepted my low-ball offer of $250.
It retails for around $1,300 and by the looks of it, it  was only played a few times.
It needs a little TLC to remove some dust, but I can't wait to play for my King!

The remainder of the trip I serenaded the neighbors beside us
with random songs such as The Lion Sleeps Tonight and the Star Wars theme song.

No comments: