6.19.2013

Myrtle Beach 2013 {Part 2: Boogie Boarding}


{ The happy BEFORE picture }


Rob made boogie boarding look easy.
So easy that I agreed to trying it.
I mean seriously, how hard could it really be?
There were kids, little kids, doing it, so I was sure I could too.

... insert shameful head shake here ...

Why I am up on my knees, I have NO idea!  Rookie mistake, I guess.
If you look very closely you will notice that the front part of my boogie board is bent upwards.
It was cracked in the middle... I didn't think it mattered... it mattered!
At first, all was going well, I 'rode the wave' or so I thought.

As I tried to stand up, proud of myself, a second wave crashed down on me.  Stunned I attempted to get the boogie board.  
Then a third wave swept me off my feet and sucked me back under the water.


 After the fourth wave knocked me down and I swallowed a lot of salt water, I wanted out of the ocean!


{ The choaking AFTER picture }


 Rob continued to ride the waves; he's a natural!

I gracefully declined to ride again and spent my time tending to the cut on my leg, my scraped knee... 
and I'm still picking sand/broken shell particles that are now infected in my left hand.

Most of you who have been to Myrtle Beach know it's very popular, therefore it's very populated.
I love pictures with people in them... but not when they aren't the focus of the shot.

 

In the picture on the left, if you look closely, you will see Kensley, a random lady, a random boy, my Dad and Nolan's leg.
None of them were critical in telling the story of Rob and I boogie boarding so I just photoshopped them out.
It's easier if you can choose/wait for a background where no one is around, but sometimes it isn't possible... make the best of it.

I'm so thankful for this picture; it totally depicts the calm before the storm!

2 comments:

Christy K. said...

I am so glad I came here! Love this!!! Especially the choking picture! Even pretty when your choking on sea water!

Melinda said...

Loved all your beach pics! I love the beach!! But next time, you need to come a little farther south...Hilton Head...so we can meet up!!