3.29.2013

"She Never Wastes Her Time"


Do you ever crash into bed at night and think to yourself, “There just aren’t enough hours in a day!”?

Our Pastor recently pointed out, “Well sure there are!  There are 24 hours in a day.  Just as God created them.” 

Ouch!  His words totally hit home.

I am sick and tired of falling asleep by going over to-do lists (yes, plural, I have more than one) in my head
and as soon as the alarm goes off,
my mind wanders off trying to prioritize what to tackle first.

I get that everyone is busy; some more than others.  But are we really using our time the way God intended us to?

I am *really* struggling with this because it seems like so much of my ‘extra’ activities involve serving others.   

Christ wants us to do kind deeds for others, right?  If I showed you my calendar, some of you might faint.  It’s insane.

Although none of the business I participate in earns income for our family,  this verse still stands out to me. 

“Don’t wear yourself out trying to get rich: be wise enough to control yourself.”  Proverbs 23:4

Be wise.  Yep.  Be wise enough to know when you are totally frazzled and know when it’s time for a change!  

Like others, we have certain appointments and commitments during the week that aren’t negotiable. 
We have to do them.  But what about all the ‘extras’?  They are all good – I promise – but I find that my heart is heavy
because they keep me distracted from growing closer to Him.


“She watches over her family and never wastes her time.”  Proverbs 31:27

Reading this passage was another slap in the face for me.  I asked myself, “How many times have I wasted my time?”
EVERYDAY there are times when I am not a good steward of the time I have been given.  Ugggh!


Do you spend your free time looking at recipes on Pinterest that you know you’ll never make?

Does Facebook keep you distracted looking at photos of friends… of friends… of friends?
Do you bring your work home with you and spend your evenings by youself instead of with your family?
Do you sit down to watch just one episode of your favorite show and find yourself still plunked in the chair 3 hours later?


I encourage you to examine your life and your crazy schedules and see if you are using your time in its most effective way.  


The way God intends for us to use it.  Watch out!  Big changes are about to happen at the Winter Ranch!


"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 28:11

No comments: