3.26.2013

Easter Play Date

I was a bit disappointed this morning when I woke up and saw it was snowing... again!
A few weeks back, my friend Ashley and I had scheduled a little get together for Easter.
I was under the impression, like in years past, we would have spring-like temperatures.
I couldn't have been more wrong.

Kensley woke up, said she was cold and snuggled up in front of the fireplace in our bedroom.

That confirmed that it was soo cold for an outdoor Easter Egg Hunt!

Once the kids arrived, the first thing we did was make Resurrection Rolls.
Take white marshmallows {symbolizes Christ's sinless body}. 

Then, using a toothpick, dip the marshmallow in butter and roll around in a bowl of cinnamon sugar 
{to represent the oil and spices spread on Jesus' body before wrapping him in linen at his burial}.
Next, wrap the marshmallows inside of an uncooked crescent rolls 
{represents the tomb that was tightly sealed}.
 I read a few verses describing Jesus' burial.
Our kids are very familiar with the story, but I want them to know more.
More than just it's a story in the bible; I want them to know where and what the scripture says.
After baking the crescent rolls as the package instructed, we discovered that our 'tombs' were empty.

JESUS IS ALIVE!
Ashley also prepared and brought these adorable and tasty treats.
She melted white chocolate, lined egg molds and added cake pop filling!

** You will totally see this idea on the blog again, they were too yummy not to copy **
 Due to crummy, cold weather we agreed to do the egg hunt inside!







 I was so proud of Kensley.  This is the first year that she actually found eggs all by herself.
Checking their eggs for loot; Ashely filled some eggs with Hello Kitty Squinkies.

Best.  Idea.  Ever.

 The next project took a little planning.
A few weeks ago, I planted grass seed inside empty egg shells.
** Special shout out to Vickie for getting us the brown eggs! **
I read online that putting sponges inside would help hold the moisture in.
I put sponges in 1/2 of the eggs and noticed no difference between the other ones.
It took about a week to see the grass really start to grow.
 The girls drew faces on the chia pet eggs and cut and styled the egg's hair.
 Rob joined in the fun too!

 As you can see, Kensley just wanted to cut all of their hair off.
Kind of pointless to let them grow for 3 weeks if she didn't want them to have long hair!

 
 Too small to use scissors, Jamin enjoyed being tickled by the soft grass.
 Ummm.  Yah.  That's my husband for ya'.

Today marked 8 years of being together.
He still makes everyday seem exciting.
I never knew that I could love him more than I did back then!


The girls wrapped up their day by playing dress up and watching Sophia The First.

We are so thankful for such wonderful friends!

No comments: