11.13.2012

Is It Christmas Yet?

I love Christmas.

It's my second favorite holiday.

We do it up big.
Not as in gifts, but as in memories.

With the kids another year older, the joy of Christmas seems greater.

I waited as long as I could, but we are in full swing of things around our place.
 We recently made gingerbread men sugar cookies.
 See her smile... and a half eaten cookie? 
Yep - I was smiling too!
 Tonight we attended our first White Elephant party of the season.
We have been reading (or in some cases sleeping with) Christmas stories and making gifts.

We have put up my Willow Tree nativity set.
We have been listening to Christmas music.
We have presents already wrapped just waiting to be opened.
We have rearranged the furniture in anticipation of our tree.
We have our "Elf on the Shelf" ready with more than a month of ideas.

Nope.  I'm not overlooking Thanksgiving... I'm just excited for Christmas.

Kensley knows EXACTLY what she wants this year.
A certain baby doll with a few outfits.
Simple and affordable.

Nolan, however, just wants shoes.

No comments: