5.09.2012

'Sheepy Book'

My camera is my vice.  It's my security piece. 
With it's heaviness in my hand, I feel purpose-filled. 
I don't want to miss anything.

At home, my camera often sits on our kitchen counter.
If it's not in use, it also has a shelf to rest on, that's easily accessible.

Some of my favorite pictures are unplanned.

Just as I glanced in Nolan's room, as I did this day,
I was thrilled my camera was just a click away.

They grow up too quickly; I feel the need to capture every phase they are in.
 Playing 'cycles' with his 'sheepy book' while totally rockin' a rainbow cheetah print band aid.
 I was hesitant at first to let him play with his baby dedication Bible.
Then it hit me.  What good is God's Word going to do Nolan in storage?
After these photos were taken, Nolan carefully placed his 'sheepy book' in a plate full of pancakes...
that was covered with syrup.  Thankfully it's a leather Bible.  It cleaned up rather easily. 

At least he has the curiosity and eagerness to learn, right?
Train up a child in the way he should go:
and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

No comments: