5.05.2012

I Chose To Celebrate

For those of you who have been asking about my recent skin cancer results, here's the deal.
I went Friday and had my stiches removed. 
Long story short, lifting on the kids proved to be a poor decision and the stiches
in my armpit had to be cut out and then my wound glued back together.  Good times.

Upon entering the exam room, I was handed my latest 3 biopsy results.
Seeing how I now have 34+ scars covering my body, I'm no stranger to skin cancer.
I was first diagnosed in 6th grade... before I had ever tanned... so save the lectures.

Bolded, in all cap letters I read: "MODERATELY DYSPLASTIC COMPOUND NEVUS
and MODERATELY ATYPICAL LENTIGINOUS AND NESTED MELANOCYTIC PROLIFERATION; MARGINS FREE."

So what does that mean in English?

I had cancer.  They cut it out. 

The most important part?  "Margins free." 

It means that the entire cancerous spots were removed
and I won't have to go back and have more tissue removed.

PRAISE THE LORD!

Skin cancer is the #2 cause of death of women in their 30's. 
I had been 30 for 9 days and already had 5 more biopsies. 
Dear 30's, please be good to me.

I had 2 choices; I could sulk out of the doctors office realizing that skin cancer once again
had reared it's ugly head, or look for a way to celebrate life! 

I CHOSE TO CELEBRATE!

Since I'm an emotional eater, donuts seemed perfect!
 As we pulled into the parking lot I could smell the fresh donuts baking.
  Proof that our kids can and will eat... when they want!
I love the picture where Nolan is signing "hat".  With his speech exploding, he signs less and less.
Although Nolan had been to Krispie Kreme's once before,
he didn't get to eat a donut due to his previous corn syrup allergy.

Their giggles made it worth every cavity-causing calorie!
 That's right, son!  Stuff it with both hands!
Seems like he got the hang of things pretty quick; wouldn't you agree?
{Signing 'finished'}
This picture does not do the floor justice - there were sprinkles e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e-!

No comments: