4.14.2012

{My Birthday} 30 Random Acts Of Kindness

It's my Birthday.  I'm 30.  Today, I kind of feel like a big deal!

I've spent a lot of effort teaching our kids to think of others first.
The world does not revolve around them.  Life isn't fair.
The earlier they learn these lessons, the better off they will be.

So lieu of Birthday wishes, I encourage you to do me a favor.

For my Birthday, what I want more than any gift is knowing that there are still nice people out there.
Nice people who will open a door as I fumble with my arms full. 
Nice people that will shoot my child a smile when he excitedly waves at them at the supermarket.
Nice people who aren't too busy to remember the lasting impression of a Random Act of Kindness.
1. Leave a small token of your appreciation for your mail carrier
2. Treat someone to a free ice cream
3. Drop a dollar bill at the grocery store
4. Leave money for someone to pay their parking meter
5. Take cookies to your local Fire Station
6. Treat someone to a free soda
7. Pay for a prescription co-pay at your pharmacy
8. Everyone likes a clean car, right?
9. Leave money at the juke box
10. Take flowers to a widow's work
11. Free movie rentals for an unexpecting customer
12. Donate food to a local food pantry
13. Cheer up someone with a flat tire
14. Send encouraging words to someone who has encouraged you
15. Take care of a random person's library fines
16. Donate nail supplies to a nursing home for an activity.
17. Bring joy to a child
18. Frosties for a year; it doesn't get much better
19. Leave tokens and tickets at Chuck E Cheeses
20.  Leave a quarter for an important call
 21. Deliver stationary and stamps to a shut-in
22. Donate to your favorite charity
23. Everyone likes to ride rides, right?
24. Leave stamps at the Post Office
25. Bless someone with a clean load of laundry
26. Write a chalk message on the sidewalk of a neighbor
27. Leave activities for children at a hospital waiting room
28. Draw a picture for someone who may feel forgotten
 29. Write a letter to your favorite employee's boss


30.  {{ THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO GET INVOVLED! }}

In honor of my Birthday, I challenge you to do just one Random Act of Kindness.
Warning: The experience will be so rewarding, you won't be able to stop at just one.

It doesn't have to cost a bunch of money.

Smile at a stranger
Pick up litter
Return an extra shopping cart
Do yard work for the elderly
Call someone and tell them that you love them

I encourage you to come back tomorrow for some stories on how this magical experience,
quite possibly, changed our family's lives!

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ithought about doing the donuts to the fire station, but unsure if they would eat them around here! lol Chad has paid for a person meal behind him in the drive thru and he said it was the most rewarding thing! I have bought a homeless person dinner at McDonalds. I asked him what he wanted and he said he was happy with ANYTHING!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is great! Do you also have the printables?

rooskimama said...

Can you email me a copy of the printable notes please? rooskimama at verizon dot net

Unknown said...

Would you mail me a copy of your printables? I have chosen 52 RAOK to do this year, and I would like to include one of your printables each time.

Thank you!
youknowme_99b at yahoo dot com

tabithamason said...

I love your tags--are you sharing them? Our 1st grader's teacher's husband passed away two weeks ago, and his 35th birthday is this week. She asked her students to each do one RAOK over Spring Break, and I would LOVE to use your tags. tabitha (underscore) mason @ yahoo dot com

Melissa Marcucci said...

I would love a printable too. :) Are you sharing?

Brittany SSP said...

Thank you so much for the ideas! Especially love the sidewalk chalk one.

Dominik Primus said...

This is so awesome. If you are sharing, I would love the printables. dominikrprimus@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing and being a Light to others!

Carrie Golden said...

These are great ideas! I love the details you put into each one. If you area sharing, could you send me the printables? Thank you!

cagolden2003@gmail.com

Chris Meilleur said...

Any way of getting the printables? I love these tags and would really love to be acle to use them.

Lara Penner said...

I just read through your ideas and loved them. I'm looking at my 30th birthday in a couple days and my goal is to do 30 RAOK in 5 days. Not sure if you are sharing your printables, but if you are I'd love them. If not, I appreciate you sharing these fabulous ideas. You're an inspiration!

debcom said...

I am making up Blessing Bags and would love your printables to include - deb770@yahoo and thanks for inspiring others with your random acts of kindness :)

debcom said...

I am making up Blessing Bags and would love your printables to include - deb770@yahoo and thanks for inspiring others with your random acts of kindness :)

Leslie Lim said...

Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Silvia Jacinto said...

Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

Rachel said...

I would love your printables! my email is racheljmadsen@gmail.com
Thank you!!

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org