7.19.2011

Camp Kensley

I'm a planner. Type A all the way.

The 10-day forecast said 60% chance of rain.
I dismissed it; they are always wrong.

10 minutes before the party started... it was still raining.
YIKES IS RIGHT!
I had everything planned.  How I wanted stuff set up, what pictures I wanted to take...
... even where to direct our guests to park.

Although the rain put a damper on the party at first,
I'm so thankful it let up and let the festivities get underway.
Here's the nitty gritty on the details of Kensley's Birthday celebration!

My goal was to prove to some nah-sayers that you can throw your child a party,
and you don't have to break the bank.  It can be done.  Here's the proof.
 I purchased the clipart online ($6.95) and made my own invitations.
They weren't fancy; just printed on basic white card stock, but they provided
the necessary information {that has obviously been erased due to our family's privacy.}
We used cheap non-designer plates that I was able to pick up for
FREE using overage from coupons a few weeks ago.

To spice up the napkins, I made little rings decorated with glitter glue from the Dollar Tree.
I had $3 off coupon at Rite Aid so I had some pictures printed and made a photo banner.
I already had most of the ribbon, the other 2 spools were $0.47 each.
Kensley doesn't eat cake, so it was pointless to purchase a $30 cake that the Birthday girl wouldn't touch.

We opted for cookies; everyone could pick whatever kind they liked the best.
I used the same cut-outs for the napkins and created cupcake toppers.
I scored Oscar Mayer hot dogs for $0.50 a package. 
We made our own fruit and veggie trays.  I'm sure they tasted the same as the pre-made ones.
 Who knew that the ants on a log would be such a big hit?  Uncle Justin loved them :)
 
I made trail mix and put a cute little tag on each bag.
I made tent ice cream cones.

A special thanks goes out to my friend Judy.
She cut out the stuff to make the Camp Kensley sign.
And my friend Krystle made homemade hot dog sauce.
"Bug Juice"
Although we requested our guests not to bring gifts, they didn't listen.

Kensley got a bunch of presents so many that Rob brought them with a wheel barrow.
 You thought I was kidding, didn't you?

 This adorable backpack from Jennifer and Judy was one of my favorite gifts she received; it's just so her! 
Jennifer also made Kensley a quilt; she was excited to read her name on it.
Think the twins are too crafty?  They made their own cards too!
 Kensley got a new vest, tried it on and told the girls,
"Look at my veil, I'm getting married."
Kensley also got a princess horse set.
Here she is "riding the pony!"
After Kensley finished opening her gifts,
we had a few activities for the rest of the kids.

First up... fishing.
Camping games are harder than you think to come up with.

We topped out the evening with water balloons, sparklers, fireworks, s'mores and flashlight tag.

Kensley was blessed to have 48 people help her celebrate her big day!


Did you wonder where Nolan was?
 Fear not, he was there too!

1 comment:

☆Sara☆ said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!! I WISH YOU LIVED CLOSER AND I COULD JUST PAY YOU TO DO PARTIES FOR MY KIDDOS! LOOKS LIKE THE BEST 3RD BDAY PARTY EVER!