6.28.2011

Because I Said So

Growing up, I hated the phrase, "Because I said so."

I swore I'd never use it.

{Never say never.}

Kensley religiously asks every morning if she can go to heaven.

Scratch that.

She doesn't ask but rather tells me, "I'm ready to go to heaven, Mama."

The first time she said it, I admit, my heart dropped;
I was fearful something was wrong, and she knew.

Having given it a little more thought, it must be from a new book that she read.

While folding laundry, I hear Kensley talking to Nolan.  Half eavesdropping I hear her say,

"Come on Nolan, I have our friends, now let's go to heaven!"

I'm thrilled that she's excited about heaven, but I'm running out of
reasons and excuses why she can't go to heaven right now.

So... she can't go to heaven today... because I said so!

No comments: