5.03.2010

What Will Kensley Remember?

I don't remember much about my childhood.

Okay, I'll be honest.
If it happened before I was 13,
and there's not pictures to prove it,
I probably have no recollection of it.

Rob on the other hand, remembers everything.
Events, smells, dates, songs, broken promises... everything!

I often wonder, "What will Kensley remember"?

I like to think that I'm a strict Mom; one who isn't viewed as a pushover
and I want to raise respectful kids that know the difference between
right and wrong, and find great satisfaction in helping others.

But again, what will Kensley remember?

Will she remember if I kept a clean house, or that I made time for her?

Tonight, instead of sticking to our normal bedtime routine, I let her go back outside for just a little bit.
 There was something that Kensley really wanted to see, and always makes her happy. 











Her Daddy playing with his RC truck!

Kensley would get so tickled when Rob would jump over that small package of power!
So, when she grows up, what will Kensley remember?


Excuse me; it's time to log off the computer now,
so that I can go to bed and rest up for my big day tomorrow.

I have to unload/load the dishwasher, fold the mountain of laundry, sweep and mop the floors, clean the bathrooms, organize our bedroom, pick up toys, pay the bills and file paperwork, just to mention a few tasks on my list.

These things still have to get done, but it's nice to think that Kensley won't remember my massive daily "To-Do" lists, or that I occasionally let her break the rules, more importantly I hope she remembers that I made the time to make memories with her!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So funny that you just wrote this post as I have been having these exact same thoughts lately...there is always so much to do around the house, but just like you said, then I think, 'they don't care if the house is dirty or clean...they just want us to play with them.' So I tell myself a quote I heard once.."A messy house is a happy house!"
And a side note...LOVE her little green outfit :) Hope you're feeling well!