4.25.2010

Half-Baked Baby Party... REVEAL!

What a celebration today was!

There have been {numerous} times during this pregnancy
that I just wasn’t sure if we'd be lucky enough to make it to this point;
I'm now waddling around with a half-baked baby in my belly,
and I couldn't be more thankful to those of you who have prayed
without ceasing for Itty Bitty's and my health!

In the very beginning of our pregnancy, one of my friends from WA, Courtney,
said that she wanted to be part of Itty Bitty's official announcement.

Of course I thought it was a great idea, and was thrilled to have
an old childhood friend be involved in a reveal as special as this one!

I called Courtney from Dr. Shockley's office after confirming Itty Bitty's gender,
and she shipped a unique package to our house.
As I explained to our guests our long-distance friendship I hadn't expected to be so emotional.
I could blame it on the hormones, but I think it's just ME!

Courtney wrapped the package 3 times
in different gender paper to throw my guests off.
Laughing at Dad - he didn't seem so thrilled to see it was gender neutral.
Everyone was anxious for the announcement already!
But... what was inside revealed our little secret...
It's a boy!

{He will be the first boy born in over 21 years on my side of the family}

The surprise was really on Mom since she was at our first scan
when the ultrasound tech predicted it was a girl...
we just never let her know any different!

And now...

What you've all been waiting on...

To see what name Rob came up with...
Nolan: means "Fighter".  Throughout this pregnancy I've known that this baby was a fighter.
After numerous complications, terrifying scares and multiple ER visits,
I knew this baby growing inside of me was fighting just to survive. 
 
At just 5 weeks, 5 days, we all began to learn what a fighter Nolan will be!

Trebor: (Tray-ber) means: "Mirror image of his father" and is Robert spelled backwards.
I knew that I wanted to include a family name, so this seems perfect!
It was suggested by my sister-in-law who also gave Itty Bitty his nickname.

With that being said, his name is Nolan, and we are calling him Nolan.

Nolan will NEVER be a bubby and Kensley will NEVER be a sissy.
We carefully chose their names; that's what we want them to be called!

Since we're having a BOY, and including orange was a given; I paired it up with some bright blue!
(I've been informed that these colors are some Idaho sports team, but guess what?
We don't watch sports at our house; I had no idea, and quite frankly, I don't care!)
It's not a "party" unless you have funfetti cupcakes!

My first-ever, 4 layer cake!
{Wouldn't recommend making it on a hot day; the icing melts off}
YUMMY chocolate covered strawberries, dipped by my Mom!

When Kensley woke up from her nap,
she thought that everyone was there to see HER!

(Probably because she got presents too)
Enjoying some sherbet with Mamaw!

I can't take all the credit for the adorable decorations/favors...
I had someone special who I recommend to anyone... and everyone!

Her name is Katie, owner of MaddieClaire on Etsy. She is such a joy to work with!

I emailed her, explained our upcoming party, and she instantly wanted to help.
The quality of her items is unexplainable in my photos, you WILL be impressed.

She was very accommodating to my personalization wishes, and is a super fast shipper,
not to mention very affordable (even on a stay-at-home Mama's budget).
Again, if you have any upcoming parties/showers, please check out her store!
These cute little stickers can be used alone as confetti,
but I placed them on Reese cups and Cookies and Cream Hershey Kisses.
That's right... they were almost too cute to eat... almost!
Katie also made these coordinating tic tac labels. 
I wanted to have a little something to send home
with everyone so that they would remember Nolan's name!
Of course, I had to have matching cupcake toppers too!
{Yes, I separated all the orange and blue sprinkles by hand; don't recommend it either}

Although it was supposed to be an ANNOUNCEMENT party only,
some showed up with presents and money for diapers!


This was a cool idea of my cousins'.
They didn't know what we were expecting,
so they brought a gift for both!
HOW CLEVER!


At the party, my mother-in-law told me that the crib she ordered for us
was in and ready to be picked up!  Without hesitation, we went and got it...
leaving my friends clicking "refresh" every 5 minutes waiting for the blog post; sorry girls!
I was up again at 3 am (I'm guessing that will be Nolan's feeding time) so I assembled the crib!
I am She-Woman, hear me ROAR!!!
I was rather impressed with myself; didn't end up with any left over pieces,
and I managed to wake Kensley up only once.

For the nursery, I've chosen to decorate with green and brown...
... and of course a splash of orange!


I picked up this lamp base last week; it matches perfectly and give his room a modern feel!


Throughout this process, I've totally enjoyed keeping the reveal a secret,
but I'm so thankful to have 2 friends who let me email/call/text them
numerous times a day with random tid bits and possible nursery ideas.

Thanks, Courtney and Petrina!

Speaking of Petrina, here's some of my bargains we found while shopping together
during our recent vacation to the Smokey Mountains. 
My favorite is the orange GAP ringer with the dump truck on it; so fitting for Rob's son.

Nolan is so loved already!
I had NO idea that 29 people would show up to a party
for someone they hadn't even met yet!

9 comments:

Lateshia said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love his name! CONGRATS!!!!

☆Sara☆ said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I KNEW IT!! I KNEW ITTY BITTY WAS A BOY!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! AND HIS NAME IS PERFECT!!!

Megan said...

YAAAYYYYY!!!! SO happy for you! (and so happy that I finally know! haha!) Everything from the party is adorable...super cute ideas! You are going to have so much fun with a boy :)

PegramPack said...

Thanks for letting me be a part of the big reveal CaS! I felt so honored you asked me to be a part of it! I had so much fun thinking of something cute to send you and making your custom burp cloths. I can't wait for future updates about NOLAN! You are gonna have a son, YAY!!!!!!!

Kim Summer Covey said...

Congrats CaS! I am so excited for you! Let me know if there is anything I can do. I can't wait to hear more. Take Care!

Dana Kangas said...

Nolan is a great name!!! I had a feeling it was a boy.
:-)

gringirl3330 said...

Congrats! So happy it's a boy! Now you will have one of each!

Kanko's Wife said...

So excited for you guys! A boy! Sahweet! :) And, the name is perfect! I love it!

Justin and Lisa said...

Little Nolan better be getting ready for lots of hugs and kisses from this family!! Thanks for including us in on your special reveal :). I can't wait to hold another newborn in my arms, especially one who's a miracle!