3.16.2010

Another Scare...

Sunday night at the end of our church service, I stood up,
and I knew things weren't right, but hated to dodge into the bathroom
making it look like I was trying to ditch the alter call.

As soon as I got in the car and started to drive home, I realized I had a problem.
By the time I got home, I knew that we could possibly have a serious problem.

Just 2 hours prior, I had spoke to my brother and told him that we were safe.
Itty Bitty was going to make it; no more worries.

After 5 hours in the ER, I was released since I wasn't in active labor.

Well duh, I wasn't in any pain - I didn't come reporting I was in labor,
I came because I was losing a fair amount of blood.

If you can't tell, I'm already getting tired of the ER doctors when it comes
to pregnancy related issues.  They try, but don't always know it all.

They couldn't pick up Itty Bitty's heartbeat, and used some
dinosaur/antique ultrasound machine to verify that everything was okay,
but told me to report back to Dr. Shockley first thing in the morning.

The following morning, I got another ultrasound
and was relieved to learn everything was okay.

Heartrate was 163 and is measuring a week ahead
{2 inches long - minus Itty Bitty's legs - little thing just wouldn't hold still}

I've been lucky enough to have the same ultrasound technician for about 4 or 5 years.
Since I have medical issues since I was like 12 years old,
she's done all my tests and then did Kensley's scans so I'm confident in her skills.

She questioned if we were going to find out the baby's gender,
and she asked if I wanted to know.

I was FLOORED that she thought {already} that she knew,
but I'm DYING to know - so she showed/told me.

I called Rob and updated him on the appointment, but wouldn't tell him the
possible gender prediction until he got home - I wanted to see his expression.

So... is the anticipation killing you?

Do you want to know what we *may* be expecting?

... Well ...




...we...




... are ...




... expecting ...




... a ...




... little ...




... baby ...





{Are you kidding?}

Do you REALLY think that I would tell you now?

What about the 1/2 Baked Baby Party?

Nope - the secret will remain just that... a secret!


We will return next Thursday for another scan just to make sure everything
is still going well for Itty Bitty since the origin of the blood couldn't be found.

This will be the first time that Rob gets to see the baby...
and we'll get to possibly "confirm" the gender prediction!

So... any guesses?

I thought it would be fun for everyone to "guess" what we're having!

Knowing the possible gender, just makes it seem real.
Instead of referring to Itty Bitty as "it" makes me feel like
it's an object... instead of my child!

7 comments:

Vicky said...

I am glad things are going better for you and the baby now!

I think you are gonna have a little boy. But what do I know? I have a 50% chance of getting that right :)

PegramPack said...

I'm going to say BOY!

Corey said...

that is one tough cookie you're carrying, whatever it is! glad all is well.

m.james :) said...

CaSandra, i'm so excited for you and your family!

i think Itty Bitty will be a......boy. since there is you and nate, talia and tyler, i'm going with boy :)

Lateshia said...

You should do an expectnet.com poll. everyone just goes and fills out their info all in one place.

But I vote Girl.

☆Sara☆ said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!! I WANT TO KNOW SO BAD I ALMOST PEED MYSELF WHEN I STARTED READING YOUR BLOG! BUT OF COURSE YOU HAD TO GET ME HOPES ALL UP =( I SAY BOY AND I REALLY DONT THINK ITS FAIR FOR YOU TO MAKE ME WAIT!!!

Kanko's Wife said...

I know they say all pregnancies are different... but the difference between boy and girl is really noticeable to a mommy. I am picking boy, too :)